NORTH KOREA TRAVEL GUIDE
North Korea, officially the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, is a country in East Asia constituting the northern part of the Korean Peninsula.
Tourist travel to North Korea is only possible as part of a guided tour. Independent travel is not permitted. If you are not prepared to accept severe limitations on your movements, behaviour, and freedom of expression, you should not travel to North Korea.
NOTE that travellers who have visited North Korea will be denied ESTA clearance for the United States of America and will therefore be required to obtain a visa from their nearest embassy or consulate.
Do You Need a VISA to Visit
Advanced real-time filter by visa, region, value, weather & activity
NORTH KOREA QUICK FACTS
- Capital: Pyongyang
- Government: Unitary one-party republic
- Currency: North Korean won (₩, KPW)
- Area: 120,540 km²
- Population 25,55 million (2018)
- Language: Korean
- Religion: State atheism; Cheondoism, Buddhism, and Christianity are practised by a very small minority
- Electricity: 220V, 60Hz (European plug)
Search for flights to
NORTH KOREA WEATHER SYNOPSIS
The climate of DPR Korea is temperate monsoon with strong continentality. Rainfall is concentrated in summer; Long, bitter winters.